• Twitter
  • Facebook

Friday 18 July 2014

MEDZS Asian Kitchen @ Millenia Walk

No comments:
 

HI GUYS I'M BACK!

I know I've been away for quite some time and didn't blog. This has resulted in half-snide, half-joking comments such as:

"Gail you got blog uh!"
"You are a blogger uh?"
"You HAVE a blog??"

Some friends I have huh. 

So to put things simply, I was having waaaay too much fun in Korea for my exchange, and hence the blog slipped my mind. /whispers/ I had places to visit and travel, school work to complete, and shopping to do. I had to make the best of my Korean dream, didn't I?

In any case, I'm back (have been for three weeks actually), and I'm back to blogging. Yes I shall be posting about Korea soon, when I get solid blocks of free time. Expect a long post for that :)

I am grateful to Brand Cellar for still remembering me as a blogger, and I received an invitation for a media tasting for Medzs two nights ago. This time, they're unveiling their latest Asian Kitchen to cater to our ever-changing but always rooted taste buds. 

The latest addition to Medzs @ Millennia Walk offers popular dishes with Asian Flavours with prices that start at S$7.90. How affordable! No seriously, I think Macs is more expensive than this lor.


First up: Crispy Fish Skin with Superior Broth ($7.90)

Damn yummy. It's everything you imagine fried fish skin to be. The broth is pretty awesome too, though a tad salty if you eat it both together. 
Verdict: 9/10


Next up: Braised Tiger Prawn with Superior Broth & Pumpkin and Golden Mantou ($18.90)

Tastes a lot like chilli crab to me. With salted egg yolk. Hahaha though it specifically says "pumpkin" in the ingredients. 
Verdict: 10/10, must try. Ditto for the mantous.


Next up: Wok Fried Chilli Flower Crab with Golden Mantou ($23.90)

Not too bad. Might not be zichar standards, but good enough considering this is a Mediterranean restaurant. Only trouble is, I didn't eat the crabs too clean because y'know, atas setting and bloggers all around so cannot be unglam right. 
Verdict: 7/10


Next up: Seafood Mee Goreng ($12.90)

Authentic taste of the mee goreng is there. Abit spicy though. Mussels and sotong are chewy and quite fresh.
Verdict: 8/10


Next up: Roasted Crispy Chicken ($9.80)

Meat inside was tender while skin was crispy. I thought it was pretty well seasoned too. Except I stupidly said "Wah taste like KFC" and got judged all round the table by resentful blogger eyes. Oh well, I suppose it's tons better than KFC then /grins.
Verdict: 7/10


Next up: Soy Braised Beef Brisket ($9.80)

Sorry, I know my photo turned out pretty badly. For some reason I couldn't quite capture a proper shot of this. The soupy broth was really nice and herbal-ly. Unfortunately, the general consensus of the beef was that it is an "acquired taste". The herb taste is pretty strong. Not for the faint-hearted. And definitely a no for non-beef lovers.
Verdict: 6/10


Next up: "Kampung Style" Seafood Fried Rice

Look at the ikan billis please. I loveeee ikan billis. And it's so crunchy and perfectly salted. Coupled with the fresh seafood, I think this is a yes.
Verdict: 9/10

And with that I conclude the dishes from the Asian Kitchen. Overall I think it is a good effort from Medzs, in trying to incorporate more styles from the East. Worth a visit, especially since the prices are so affordable too!

We had other dishes too, though they're not under Asian Kitchen.


Truffle fries. So addictive, I think can compete with PS Cafe.




What is dessert without rainbow cakes :) :)


Drink of the night: Strawberry Iced Tea. Refreshing, especially with the little bits of strawberries floating around.


--- Bloggers ---


Wearing Lila Mila's upcoming Galina Halter Dress, launching tomorrow :)

Had a lovely night stuffing myself, thank you Liqin for the invite. x

Asian Kitchen is only available at Millenia Walk, so hurry down - 

9 Raffles Boulevard
#01-46/47/55/56 Millenia Walk
Singapore 039596

Tel: 63377507 or 67998782
Operating hours: Fri-Sat 11.30am - 1.00am, Sun-Thur 11.30am - 12.00am


xoxo,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff