• Twitter
  • Facebook

Tuesday 23 September 2014

Glamglow

No comments:
 

Well, hello there~ I don't get called "sexy" all the time so this is very much welcome.

Indeed, I received this by courier (sadly the mail man did not greet me in the same way too) and am pleased to let you know that I was very generously invited by Luxasia Singapore to review the products by Glamglow

Being a cosmetics/face products junkie, I was naturally very excited to try out the following products that were sent to me:


1. ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment
2. BrightMud Eye Treatment
3. YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

Some background about Glamglow from their website - 

GLAMGLOW was founded in 2010 by Glenn & Shannon Dellimore exclusively for behind-the-scenes in the Hollywood Entertainment, Music, Fashion & Award Industries. Recently made available in 2011 for retail, GLAMGLOW has taken the world by storm with accolades such as:

- ELLE Magazine's No.1 Beauty Obsession
- Harrods Best Seller
- Voted Sephora HOT NOW
- Winner of the coveted Neiman Marcus Beauty Awards

For all you beauty junkies wriggling in your seats, let's start shall we? :)


ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

Love the packaging without a single doubt. Turquoise and silver in colour with glossy shiny words to boot. Only for glam girls, uh huh.

Inside, the cream was a brownish thick texture. To be fair in my critique, I used it nightly for two weeks in order to gain/see the best results. 

Okay as you guys know, me being a complete fan of Korean products, I like my night creams to be light and my day creams lighter. Glamglow is a little too heavy for my liking (even for night) cause I don't like my face to be sticky. This is really personal preference cause I used to be the kind that don't even put sunblock because I LOATHE having anything on my face. Now different story though, I use at least 5 layers consisting of moisturiser, make-up base, sunblock, cc cream and concealer daily LOL.

Anyway, I also thought the smell of the cream was that of food. Sweet food. Cannot place exactly what kind of food, but it is definitely sweet. Overall, I would give it a 6/10. #diehardkoreanproductsfansorry


BrightMud Eye Treatment

I thought that it had a bit of a herbal smell which was quite overpowering. Upon application around the eyes, you'll feel that the texture is pretty seedy. Just apply it around your eye area up till your cheekbone (that's what I did), and wash off/wipe off with a tissue about 3 mins later. There was a slight stinging feeling towards the end, but after cleaning it up there is a clear feeling of tightening around the eye area. 

I would recommend washing it off with water because it gives a more refreshing feeling. Also, you'll be able to see clearer that the eye area is instantly smoother and brighter. 

Overall, the product seems pretty effective in terms of eye brightening, but I would drop points for the medicinal smell and slight stinging. 7/10.


YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

This is 2014 ELLE's International Beauty Award Winner for The Best Exfoliating Mask.

This formula was designed for Hollywood’s entertainment, music, fashion and award industries for camera-ready soft glowing skin. It is also supposedly suitable for all skin types. I was highly skeptical because I have super sensitive skin. Y'know that kind that itches ridiculously when I accidentally brush it with my fingers. /nothing but exasperation for my skin/

So anyway when I put it on, I felt the tingly feeling almost immediately. Tinglexfoliate indeed. Stinging feeling similar to the eye treatment was also present. However, my pores felt instantly tighter. 

I think if you can tank the slight burning feeling on your skin, this product is for you. It shows results definitely (best if you use it twice a week and apply moisturiser after), but I think the sensation might be too much for you girls with very sensitive skin. 7/10



Anyhow, thank you Huiqi from Luxasia for sending me these products to try. Anything for my face, I'm game. x

xoxo,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff