• Twitter
  • Facebook

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Closing two-oh-one-three

No comments:
 

2013 has been nothing short of a year of entrances and exits, and I thought it would be apt to end off with a blog post dedicated to this tumultuous year.

Turning 21 this year was a milestone; I mean, it's not every year you turn 21.


I had an awesome party thrown by my parents and sister, and I'm truly thankful for that. It was a night to remember :)

Then I entered Esquire, and...







I met alot of new people, and learnt a lot about people. It was tough work, but the three-month stint at Esquire made me stronger as a person, and again, I'm thankful for that. 

This is turning out to be a thanksgiving post, well well well.

During the three-month internship, I also got incepted into AIA and became a part-time blogger. Saying that summer holidays 2013 was a whirlwind is an understatement guys, it's like everything came together at the same time. 

Again, learning experiences. The blogging world isn't as glamorous as it seems, and working as a financial consultant is just still an "annoying insurance agent" to most. I've had a generous scoop of superficiality from being a blogger, and got rejected in my face more times than my entire life put together in the last dregs of the year. 

And then new people entered my life, and some that I thought would stay forever, left. 

What doesn't kill you makes you about ten thousand times stronger though.

Last Friday morning, I logged into studentlink to check my degree audit. I wasn't expecting much, because the entire semester had been a blur between me trying to balance work and study while working and studying. Very trying semester indeed, but it turned out lady luck was smiling on me, and I got the best grades I had in all my three years at NTU.

Sometimes life can be such a joke, isn't it!

I am thankful for the people who stayed with me, accepted and loved me for who I was and who I am now. I will continue to work hard and not disappoint you guys. Saranghaja!

In any case, it's about 10 minutes to the end of this year. Let me wrap up my thankyous with some pictures from Chermaine's 21st  birthday bash at Pan Pacific on Sunday. Wasn't it just yesterday she was at my 21st party? A year has gone by just like that guys, cherish your time and your loved ones. Let's promise to live our lives to the fullest from now on, and not regret!

Foooooood pictures included, cheers y'all. Clink our glasses and cross our fingers for a better and more wonderful 2014!

















Dumb party hats, I know. Chermaine just had to do it.


Happy New Year, y'all. Thank you for everything, my followers. <3


xoxo,
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff